Saturday, September 13, 2008

A walk around Maadi with camera



Breezy penthouses, not a very uncommon sight in Cairo.


The cats of Cairo are street-smart survivors. They don't always get to eat Whiskas.

Ramadan fashion.

Convenience baskets.

Handwritten number plate. Since it is illegal to export anitque cars, there are some real gems in Cairo.


About 70 per cent of Egypt’s 78 million population have access to satellite channels via legally purchased dishes, pirated links or cafes with big screens.

3 comments:

MsTypo said...

I came to the conclusion last week that Cairo is where all good satellite dishes go to retire. LOL

Connie said...

Recommended glasses on Rd 9, Mounir Nassif (where we went) and a place called Focus. At the Maadi Grand Mall, Magraby and Gahar were recommended. :-)

btw, I like to wander with my camera too. I don't always have it when I need it though!

Sue said...

I just stumbled across your blog (via a comment on cairomaniac). I love Cairo too, but have never lived there. I love the photos, keep posting them! Makes me want to hop on plane.