Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hidden BBQ


Walked past O'Beano's. It all seems like it was before, all the chairs and tables at the terrace back in place. (Blog 27 Aug)
A few benches missing, but I guess they are still at the police station?
Oh well, it is Ramadan, who wants to worry about that?!


Alright I am off to have a bbq now.
(Lynda, this is our kitchen view, We usually hang out here, since there is a lot of shade. Most of the time we sit on the stairs, although our chairs are a lot more comfortable. On the right, not on the picture, a very tall banana tree. There is a very modest bbq and the ventilator (left) next to it to get the barbie started -> haven't found excellent BBQ fire starters yet...)
I told Marito, for lunch maybe we should cook the fish in the oven since it is Ramadan. Our 'terrace' is on the other side of the house where hardly anyone can see us. We are not out in the open, but still...
I don't want to offend the bawaab who, every now and then, walks around the house. And my landlord who might have his window open. Marito told me I should cut it out now. At least I will pour wine in mugs. Am I being silly??

Btw, I read in one of the Dutch newspapers online interesting piece on 'commercialization iftar parties' in The Netherlands. Written by 'Farid Aouled-lahcen. For those who can read Dutch have a look on: http://extra.volkskrant.nl/opinie/artikel/show/id/1329/Stop_subsidies_voor_festivals_rond_ramadan

No comments: